Geoff Ryman is a Canadian writer, living & working in the UK – he is a writer of slipstream and so-called mundane science fiction and has a shelf load of award and novels to his name.
Even if you think you don’t like science fiction, give this a go – its haunting, difficult and will stay with you afterwards and if you like it, here’s a list of his other writing.
- The Unconquered Country (1984)
- The Warrior Who Carried Life (1985)
- The Child Garden (1989)
- Was… (1992)
- 253, or Tube Theatre (1996 online, 1998 print)
- Lust (2001)
- Air: Or, Have not Have (2005)
- The King’s Last Song (2006 UK, 2008 US